{ font: $(body.font); color: $(body.text.color); background: $(body.background); padding: opx; $(body.background.override) } expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Abandoned in Moretown, Thanks to Irene

Update 11/22/13:  I was informed that this house was actually abandoned long before the Storm.  It is not a victim of Tropical Storm Irene. Thank you, T.Z. for the information!  

Returning from our Staff Retreat at Sugarbush, my co-worker and I were traveling down Route 100 in lower Moretown (I believe the house is actually in Middlesex), when we spotted this abandoned house.

I worked up the nerve to try the front door to find it open, so I bent in and took some pictures of this once lovely home.  Using zoom on my phone camera, I was able to get some good pictures, but a couple are blurry.   I would have loved to have sneaked upstairs, but I didn't want to trespass anymore than I was. 


Perhaps I will ask the Town for permission to go in to photograph the rest of the building.... another adventure...another time.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment