{ font: $(body.font); color: $(body.text.color); background: $(body.background); padding: opx; $(body.background.override) } expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, August 3, 2014

UNCLAIMED PROPERTY IN VERMONT

How cool is this?  Could it be raining money for you, too?



I have known about this site for some time, as I had gone here before.  Something told me I should check again..... I went online to this site and entered my maiden [last] name into the search box. The results were zilch.  Bummer... 


I tried again and entered a new search using my [previous] last married name and lo! and behold!  I was shocked to see my name and old address appear!  Yes, really and truly - that's me!  There was an assigned number to the left of my name, so I clicked on it to enter my information into an online form, to inquire about claiming what is rightfully mine!

I am fairly certain there is no great sum of money waiting, it is
more like an old bank account with a $20 balance.  Believe me, I would love to fantasize about having a great inheritance left to me, but I'm a realist.


Why not check it out?  Maybe you have an inheritance or an old bank account or un-cashed State tax check... the possibility does exist!  



From the Unclaimed Property Division: 

The primary function of the Unclaimed Property Division is to locate and return various forms of unclaimed financial property to the rightful owners.

You may search by last name or town. There are more than 280,000 claimable properties in the database. The total amount of unclaimed financial property is more than $64 million.

How to Contact the Unclaimed Property Office

This is kind of exciting, so I thought I would share the information and would love to hear if something happened for you, or perhaps you may find a friend, relative or neighbor on this list and make their day!

You can search for yourself by clicking here::  


In Person

The Unclaimed Property Office is located within the State Treasurer's Office, which is on the fourth floor of 109 State Street in beautiful downtown Montpelier, Vermont. We are open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Map of 109 State Street


Mailing Address

Please address all mail to:

Unclaimed Property Office
Office of the State Treasurer
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-6200

Phone Numbers

Our office may be reached from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday at:
(802) 828-2407
(800) 642-3191 (Vermont only)

TTY: (800) 253-0191


Update:  I sent my form in, online on the day of this post.  Today is 8/6/14 and I received a statement indicating that there was an old State pension check waiting for me in the amount of $614.45.  As I wrote on my Facebook page, this is an unexpected windfall that will go directly into my savings account!  Today, I discovered my husband's name on the website, and we've sent an online request to recover his money!   Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment